Friday, December 12, 2008

A long overdue update...Vegas, Crawling, Santa and Personal Ads!

Wew, its been a busy month and with the upcoming holidays I doubt it will slow down any time soon. Thanksgiving was good. I got to see all of my family but wasn't too happy that they didn't let me eat any of the yummy food! Next year I guess. Then the week after Thanksgiving, Mommy and Daddy went to Las Vegas for Daddy's 30th birthday! When Mommy turned 30 in April (just weeks before my arrival), Daddy surprised her with a party at Shula's, so as not to be outdone, Mommy returned the favor with a surprise trip for the two of them. It was their first time away from me and they said that they missed me terribly (as you can see in the first picture the morning of their flight). Me on the other hand, had a blast at Grandma's house. Despite missing me though, Mommy and Daddy ended up having a really nice time.



In the days before Mommy and Daddy left, I decided to start thinking about crawling. At Mommy and Daddy's request though, I waited until they returned to really get going. I can get up onto all fours and rock, but haven't quite figured out how to use my arms and legs together. I pretty much just use my arms, which lands me on my tummy and then leads to an army crawl- but its a start. I do occasionally get my legs back under me but regardless of how I do it, it sure has changed life in at our house. No more putting me down, walking away and expecting me to be there when you get back! Despite the added dimensions to our life though, Mommy and Daddy are loving watching me grow and change.

(crawling video coming soon...Mommy just has to figure out how to upload it)

We have also started to get into the Christmas spirit. Its going to be a busy one, but I am looking forward to it. All those pretty boxes wrapped in yummy paper that I fully intend on eating! What's that you say...you mean there are actually gifts inside the boxes!? I thought the box and paper were the gifts! Bonus!



To start the celebration we went to see Santa and his ponies. There is an organization in Indy called Strides for Success that uses horses with disabled children and on Friday they had an open house. This was my first meeting with Santa, and although I was tired and not very smiley, I managed to stay cry-free which was good enough for Mommy. I did really enjoy touching the little pony though. I can't wait until next year when I'm a little bigger and can really enjoy it more.




Hum...what else is new? I'm still doing great with the solids. I really like them a lot... almost too much though because now I don't want my bottle. Needless to say "bottle time" sometimes becomes "battle time" and my stubborn personality rears its little head (wonder where I got that from???) Mommy is still making all of my baby food so I have been able to try all kind of different things like broccoli and avocado (loved the avocado & liked the broccoli, broccoli on the other hand didn't like me so much!). I am a great eater have really started to grow since starting solids. According to the scale at Mommy and Daddy's, I'm now 16 lbs!! I'm still in 3-6 months clothes, but it won't be long before I catch up to my buddies. I am constantly on the go and have become a very vocal baby. I love to screech and coo and even make a growling sound like a little lion. Mommy and Daddy can't believe how much I'm changing and how much my personality is developing. They say every day is like a new adventure with me. Like for example, the other day I was feeling a little lonely so I decided to post this personal ad on my onsie (thanks for the help Aunt Daina). Mommy thought it was pretty funny...Daddy said just said "No boys EVER"!



Wow, that was a lot of typing...time for a nap now! I hope to see many of you in these next couple of weeks, and for those whom I will miss, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: