Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday Traditions...


Every year for Christmas when Mommy was little Grandma would make amazing gingerbread houses for the family to decorate. It started as a family thing but over time it evolved into a major event that usually included several of Mommy's friends. It was something that Grandma loved doing and Mommy and her friends always had so much fun decorating them that it really became quite an important holiday tradition. As the years have passed and everyone grew up and moved away though the tradition faded some. It was something that was so important and fun for Mommy though that she decided this year to carry the tradition onto our family. It was so much fun and I LOVED all of the candy. In fact, its a wonder that there is even any candy on the house...for every 2 I put on I took one off to eat! Yummmmmm! I can't wait until next year when Sutton will be big enough to help me eat...I mean decorate...the gingerbread house!









Another fun thing that we did with Mommy and Daddy this week was to decorate the tree. They had put the tree up about a week ago and it had lights, but no ornaments. I was Daddy's little helper and did a really good job. The only problem was that I got a little frustrated when the ornaments didn't just "stick" where I wanted them to, something about having to actually "hang" them. And to Mommy and Daddy's surprise I've been a very big girl and haven't tried to play with the ornaments at all!







Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
xoxo, The Brevings

No comments: