Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lil' Kicker



Yep, that's me...a Lil' Kicker.

This past Saturday I started "soccer". I use the term loosely because it is more about team building, group games and listening than it is about actually playing soccer, although we did work on kicking the ball. We were supposed to use these big squishy balls, but like a natural I only wanted to kick the real soccer balls! Uncle Mike happened to be in town to cheer me on so it was an extra special day. About half way through the 50 minute lesson I was kind of done, but it goes for 12 weeks so hopefully my attention span will expand along with my skills.









The weather here last week was beautiful. I even got to break out the short sleeves and sandals! This week isn't quite as nice, but it was great practice for our trip to Orlando next week. Mommy can't wait for it to be nice every day so that we can burn off some energy outside our front door, rather than having to load everyone up to go to the YMCA as we have been doing all winter.

(maybe she isn't quite ready to pop-a-wheely!)





Its amazing how time flies because lil' Sutton is already over 6 months old! She is growing like a weed and is up to 16 lbs! She has become quite the chunky monkey! Its funny how we each develop differently though because I started out so much smaller than her, and then at 4 months we were almost dead on, but she has now far surpassed me weighing over 2 lbs more than I did at 6 months. She went through a growth spurt about a month ago but seems to be leveling out so we'll see how the numbers measure out at 9 months.



She is a great sitter, but the little stinker still refuses to roll over. Even if you assist her 3/4 of the way, she just hangs out there all twisted up. The Dr isn't concerned though since she's actually started sitting early and has the leg strength to stand already (with assistance because she still lacks the balance). She is quite the little chatter box and loves to growl...between the two of us, Mom can hardly get a word in edge-wise (and forget any peace and quiet!). Already, Sutton and I are becoming the best of friends and Mommy says that you can tell just by the way we watch one another that we completely adore each other. I agree!

Oh, and one last thing...here's a pretty funny picture of Daddy playing the "bag game".



Its a game that Uncle Mike's friend Elizabeth taught Mommy and Daddy. Basically you take a paper bag and while standing on one foot you bend down and pick it up in your mouth and lift it above your waist. Then, after everyone has tried, you tear the bag down so it's shorter. Mommy didn't last too long and Daddy wasn't far behind her. Mike and Elizabeth on the other hand were really good...Uncle Mike was the winner by far though, successfully taking it down to about 2 inches. Way to go Uncle Mike...We love you and miss you.

1 comment:

Mike said...

i like the picture of morgan and sutton popping a wheelie. i loved the lil' kickers practice. i should move to indy so i can go to all the practices. great seeing you all! also, start practicing the bag game, poor showing.