...and although she got a few bumps along the way...
...she finally did it...
We knew that once she got that figured out, walking wasn't far behind. For a couple of weeks she'd get into her wide stance, standing position and bounce, or rock from foot to foot, just trying to get up the nerve to take that first step. Then, the day we got back form Uncle Mike's she did it!
(Sorry it's side-ways, I can't figure out how to fix that!)
Its been quite an adjustment for Mommy and Daddy to have a walking 10 month old! I didn't walk until 14 months, which meant that I slightly better listening skills and concept of danger. Sutton, on the other hand is a total and complete daredevil! I think Daddy said it best when he said "you bring a smile to my face and I love the little daredevil inside of you, no matter how may daily heart-attacks you give us!"
And speaking of big changes...check out who's potty trained!!
Similar to the way I decided to wait to walk until I knew I could run, I waited this potty thing out until I knew I could get it down perfectly. Again, the day we got home from Uncle Mike's (it was a big day for us!) I decided I wanted to use the potty. We had tried training pants and pull ups before with no luck, but what we discovered, kind of my accident, is that letting me run around naked=pee pee in the potty! So for about a week I ran around bottomless and almost immediately I went accident free. Mommy later found out that apparently this is the new trend in potty training, and will attest to its success.
And since that week I've been going strong. I do still have the occasional accident, and pooping in the potty is sometimes still a work in progress, but I'm almost there and Mommy and Daddy couldn't be happier! Who would have guessed that hearing, "I went peepee in the potty" could ever sound so sweet?
And last but not least...
Although it came a little quicker than anyone expected, so quick in fact that I won't yet be 3 with #3 comes! Despite the chaos that is sure to ensue, everyone is very excited. The last 5 years have been full of ups and downs and have taught Mommy and Daddy so very much. All of the infertility with me taught them to take nothing for granted and to appreciate parenthood each and every day (even the awful ones!). And having Sutton so unexpectedly and admittedly, maybe even a little before they were mentally ready for it, forced them to realize that life may not always be the plan you have in your head, but that if you allow it to, it can actually be 10 times better than anything you ever could have imagined. And now, well probably the biggest lesson learned so far with baby #3 is that although life may get a little crazy at times, you've got to learn to not only roll with the punches, but to laugh while doing it. Its like Mommy likes to say, "Our life may be a crazy life, but its our life, we love it and we'll get through it all while laughing".
No comments:
Post a Comment