Monday, October 27, 2008

6 months old, sippy cups and solid food!!



Can you believe that I'm 6 months old already? Mommy says it seems like just yesterday that I was born. She also says that she understands now why Grandma would re-tell her birth story to her each year. I guess being a Mommy is pretty cool.

Although I love getting bigger, I don't like the shots that go along with it! I had my 6 month check up Friday and although I'm a champ when it comes to getting the shots, I got pretty yucky feeling afterwards. I think it was the flu shot that did it, but I had a nasty fever and just was not my happy normal self. Although I still look like a peanut, I have grown some since the last check up and the Dr was pretty happy with my weight and length. I weighed 13 lbs, 13 oz and am 25 1/4 inches long and can finally (sort of) wear 3-6 month clothes. The pants are all still pretty big, put length wise they fit great.

So much has been changing with me that Mommy and Daddy can hardly keep up. I have mastered the barrel roll (even with my thumb in my mouth!), love to suck on my toes and am so close to sitting up. I can actually sit on my own pretty good if I use my arms for support and can momentarily sit straight up so its just a matter of time before I'm sitting pretty...and then next thing you know I'll be on the go crawling around and those pups better watch out because I've got my eye on them!

Another big milestone is that I am now starting to eat solid foods! I tried cereal for the first time today and did great with it. I opened my mouth for the spoon and even kept most of the cereal in my mouth! I also used a sippy cup today for the first time! All in all it was a relatively clean event so Mommy was happy...of course we'll see what happens when she tries to feed my something yucky like peas!

I am such a happy baby and love to screech, squeal, laugh and coo. I can also tell some great stories when I get going. I am still a great sleeper (12 hours a night plus 2 naps) and love to hang out in my exersaucer. Everything goes in the mouth and I'm a total drool bug but still no teeth. All in all life is great and I couldn't ask for more! I have so many people who love me and I am such a lucky little girl!

No comments: