Monday, January 18, 2010

4 months...



Wow can you believe that Sutton is 4 months already!! (ok, so this is a little late...she's actually closer to 4.5 months now, but its been a little nuts around here lately) She has become quite the smiley, giggly baby and is a total joy. She is also sleeping 10-12 hours a night and usually takes 3, 2 hour naps a day. This is the same pattern that I fell into at about 4 months so Mommy and Daddy couldn't be happier. They count their lucky stars that their kids are "sleepers" (because Lord knows they are)! At her 4 month appointment she was 12lbs 13oz and 24 1/4 inches long. Which is crazy because when I was 4 months old I weighed 12bs 14oz and was 24 1/8 inches long. That means that at 4 months old we were almost exactly the same size, which wouldn't be so odd had I not started out almost 3lbs smaller.

Sutton is actually exactly 20 weeks old today and for those of you who have been following us since my birth, you know that 20 weeks is a special week for Daddy. During each pregnancy Daddy wrote a special letter to Mommy when she was 20 weeks pregnant and in the letter he listed out the 20 things he couldn't wait to do with us once we were born. So to celebrate her 20 week birthday, here is her list from Daddy:

On this Mother's Day, I want to look ahead to what our lives will be with 2 daughters. I truly believe that once Morgan came into our lives just over a year ago, we discovered what we were put on this Earth to be. Its a little later than last time, but I couldn't think of a better time to send this to you than Mother's Day. So here are the 20 things that I can't wait to experience with daughter #2 (in no particular order).

1) Introducing her to her big sister
2) Singing songs in the bath tub together
3) Playing dress-up and creating fun character to be
4) Art projects
5) Planting flowers in the yard together
6) Her first real smiles
7) Teaching her how to ride a bike
8) Family bowling nights
9) Camping in the backyard
10) Showing her how to make the perfect S'Mores

11) Making fun gifts together for Mommy (Birthday, Christmas, Mothers Day and just because!)
12) Her 1st baseball game
13) Build sand castles on beach on vacation
14) Family road trips
15) Taking her for a run with me
16) Prom dresses (not REALLY excited about this one, but it is inevitable, so I am embracing it!)
17) Giggles, sounds and 1st words
18) Reading books at bedtime
19) Going sledding and playing in the snow
20) Seeing her face and reaction when I come home from work


Happy Mother's Day. You are a great mom and you can see that in how much you care for Morgan. I can't think of a better person to experience the adventures of parenthood with. Hold on because the ride with 2 girls in bound to be interesting (and fun too)!

Life with the Brevings is still good, although some days are a challenge with me. I'm rapidly approaching 2 years old and my behavior is starting to show that. It amazes Mommy how quickly I can switch from one emotion to the next. She says I can fly through a dozen emotions in a matter of 5 minutes and it is exhausting for her. It has definitely been a challenge and she says it is so much harder than anything she has ever had to do. I'm not sure what she means by it but, I've heard her tell Sutton on more than one occasion that she may be an only child before the day is through....heheheh. Nap time is her saving grace and some days it can't come soon enough!

Here are some recent pictures of us...enjoy and XOXO






(this one deserves a caption...or an explanation at least. This is what I had on under my snow gear so when we came in, Mommy just stripped me down to this. Well when Daddy came home from work the first thing he did was ask me if I'd ever heard of Jane Fonda and what time my jazzercize class was at. Then he thought it would be fun to teach me to reach up high and say "feel the burn"...so that is what I am doing in this picture. Feel da burn, feel da burn!)

2 comments:

Mike said...

Sutton has hair! She is getting pretty big, as well as Sweet Pea.

Julie G. said...

I love the pic with Sutton in the Boppy. It looks like she's standing up in a hole in your floor!

And diva Morgan with her hand behind her head is precious!

Miss you guys!