Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Life with a 21 month old Morgan (a post from Mommy)


Mommy just had a couple of things she wanted to share about life with a 21 month old Morgan...

IN THE CAR WITH MORGAN
Morgan: Mmm Mmm Mmm, yummy cracker Mommy. Mmm Mmm Mmm.
Mommy: What? Are you eating a cracker Morgan?
Morgan: Yes. Mmm Mmm Mmm, yummy cracker.

The funny thing is that I couldn't tell you the last time I gave her a cracker in the car...think its time to vacuum out the car seats?????



MOMMY ON THE PHONE WITH "GIMA" TALKING ABOUT MORGAN
Mommy: Hi, I just wanted to call to apologize.
Gima: Apologize? Why? What for?
Mommy: For the first 20 years of my life...
Gima: Huh?
Mommy: Morgan in definitely my daughter and is currenlty on the floor kicking and screaming over I don't even know what. Maybe I looked at her wrong. Who knows. I can now see first-hand that I really put you through hell and I'm sorry!
Gima: HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, yeah, yeah...you reap what you sow, turn-about's fair play, you get what you give...blah blah blah.


MEAL TIME WITH MORGAN
As usually happens around here, both girls were due to eat at the same time so I got Morgan situated at the counter with some yogurt and her milk and then went to feed Sutton. My back was to Morgan but I could still here her and wasn't but 20 feet from her. So as I'm feeding Sutton I keep hearing "Handies, Handies". Well I assume it means she is done eating and wants me to clean her hands. (My first mistake) I ask her to wait until I'm done feeding Sutton and then I'd come help her. She didn't argue so I assumed that she was fine. (My second mistake) So about 5 minutes later I finish with Sutton and turn to go tend to Morgan and what do I see...Morgan spooning yogurt into her hands and then rubbing it on her body. (Oh, and did I mention that she had previously stripped down to just her diaper??) Yep, she was covered in yogurt up to her elbows and all on her thighs and stomach. Nice. I mean, really, what could I do but laugh? Apparently she is not only self-sufficient and imaginative (I mean really, yogurt for soap?) but also slightly impatient and sneaky.

SWIMMING WITH MORGAN
So I went to take Morgan swimming at the Y today. We're playing around in the shallow end and all of a sudden I notice that she's raising her arms in the air, shaking her tushy and doing squats. I'm sure the look I gave her was really strange but at first I couldn't figure out what she was doing. There wasn't any music playing to be dancing to and there weren't any other kids. I quickly noticed though that she had her eyes glued to the senior water aerobics group, and yep, there she was following right along with them. Feel da burn Morgan, feel da burn!



AT HOME WITH MORGAN
Morgan: MOOOMMMY!!
Mommy: Morgan?!

(Mind you I'm in the middle of strapping Sutton into her car seat so we can get out of the house 20 minutes later than I had hoped)

Morgan: MOOOOMMMY!!
Mommy: Morgan?! Morgan?! Where are you Morgan?
Morgan: MOOOOMMMY!!

(I follow the noise and find that she is in the bathroom.)

Mommy: Morgan, come out of there, we need to go.
Morgan: MOOOOOMMMMY!!

(In a hurry and tired of this game I reach to open the door...and yep, you guessed it...its locked!!! Ok, be calm Mommy. No need to panic. I know where the key is.)

Mommy: Morgan, its ok, Mommy's going to unlock it.
Morgan: MOOOOOMMMMMY!!!!

(After dropping the key and fearing that it actually fell into the bathroom under the door because I couldn't find it anywhere, I go to unlock it and can't get it. I try again. I can't feel any button in there to push like the ones we had as a kid. So I keep trying. Still no luck. So after a couple of minutes I call Mark)

Mommy: Hi, Morgan locked herself in the bathroom and I can't get the key to work.
Daddy: Really?!? (No, I'm kidding Mommy thinks to herself) Well did you try asking her to unlock it from the inside? (Did you forget that she was 1, Mommy thinks her herself??? Clearly he isn't going to be any help!!!)

Morgan: MOOOMMMMY!!! (By this point she's starting to get upset)
Mommy: Yes Morgan, I'm coming. (And Ah-ha! I got it!) Here we go Morgan... (Mommy open's door)
Morgan: Hi Mommy!!! she says with a huge smile...(Giggle Giggle Giggle!)

Moral of the story...just having the key isn't enough...you also need to know how to use it!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Fun times! Samantha has also rubbed yogurt all over her naked body...saying it was lotion. LOL. Love the memories!!!