Tuesday, March 20, 2012

80 degrees in March??

This Spring has been unseasonably warm which means we've gotten a jump on the outdoor activities...which has been a welcomed change from the cold winter. Sutton and I were both getting cabin fever and Mommy was running out of winter time activities so its been great to be able to get out.
 Today while E was with the sitter Mommy took us to the Fort for a hike and then a picnic. It was great fun...except for the bugs. For some reason right now I'm going through a phase where I'm terrified of bugs...well really just bees except I'm convinced that everything that flies is a bee. This makes being outside only slightly difficult and honestly kind of a pain for Mommy. I'm sure eventually I'll get over it, but I'm sure it won't be soon enough for Mommy!


 So after the hike then we broke out the hose and suits and had some great fun in the sun! 

Of course, there were bees (bugs) out there so this is how I spent a large portion of the time. 
 Eventually I did decided to join in the fun and guess what...I survived and wasn't attacked, or even bothered by a bee (bug). 

And an additional little story by Mommy...
So we were all outside playing in the water and Sutton had to use the potty. Since E was in the pool I didn't want to leave him unattended but I knew Sutton needed help with the potty so I quickly grabbed the travel potty from the car and just had her use that in the garage. After she was done, I grabbed the plastic bag liner to throw away but didn't take the time to replace it (figured I do that when I had just a few less things going on). Apparently this all happened faster than Morgan expected because she commented on how quickly Sutton went potty, to which I casually replied, “Oh, we just went in the garage”, thinking nothing of it. Anyhow, so a little bit later- after emerging from her “bug-free” haven of the house- Morgan announced she had to potty as well. She started to head to the from door but I hollered at her to “go in the garage” instead (because I didn't want her dripping all through the house). She says ok and heads into the garage and out of my line of sight. So literally about 5 seconds passes and here she comes, heading back out of the garage. Now, I will giver her props because she is a speedy pee-er, but in and out of the house in 5 seconds- I don't think so. So I say to her, “Did you go potty?”, to which she very matter-of-a-fact replies, “Yes, I went in the garage”. I immediately remember that I didn't replace the bag in the travel potty so I say, “Oh man, didn't you notiCe there wasn't a bag in there?”. “Bag in where?” she says. OK, now I'm really confused. “A bag in the potty seat” I say. “Potty seat?”, she says with even more confusion than I I was already feeling. “Yeah, the potty seat. Did you say you used it to pee?” I say. “Ohh...”, she says, “No, I just peed in the garage like Sutton”. Lesson learned: I must be as specific as possible when speaking to my children!

No comments: