(Busy, busy, busy...always on the go!)
Wow, it seems like forever since I’ve had a free minute to update my blog (so I’ll preface this by saying it’s going to be a long one…). We’ve been so busy playing, traveling and trying to get ready for my baby sister Sutton that the summer is speeding by. I am getting big and Mommy says that ever since I learned to walk I have changed from her baby to a big girl. Every day is something new with me- a new word, new discovery, new talent. Mommy and Daddy have gotten so much joy out of their time with me in the last month or so because I am really starting to develop into a little girl. I have been talking up a storm lately and only have to hear a word once before I start to repeat it (which may not always be a good thing!). I have also graduated from the high chair to a booster seat and can feed myself with a fork and spoon. I look so big sitting at the table feeding myself and you can just tell I am so proud of myself. Also I've come to love bananas ("nana") so much that Mommy and Daddy have to hide them in the pantry, otherwise that's all I'd eat. And my newest favorite thing to do it give kisses. I kiss my stuffed bears, my doggies and of course my Mommy and Daddy. They say I'm so cute the way I pucker up, grab thier face, say "MMMM" and lay a big one on them! I’ve also decided to cut 4…count them 1, 2, 3, 4 more teeth all at once. I guess when I decide to do it, I do it big. And actually just yesterday Mommy thought she saw the beginnings of my eye-teeth coming in on top also. The bottom better catch up soon though because I’m going to look pretty silly with 6 teeth on top and only 2 on the bottom!
Mommy and sister Sutton are doing good. Below is an ultrasound picture of her from the other week…looks like the Cleveland genes run strong because with that little button nose there’s no denying she’s my sister and that we are both Mommy’s!
(Mommy when she was my age)

(Me, of course!)
(Sister Sutton at 28 weeks)

Mommy is 8 months along and is definitely starting to feel the pains of pregnancy. Despite that though, we are trying to keep her in there as long as possible. I was born only 3 weeks from now, but if Mommy gets sick again this time the Drs have said that it should happen later than it did with me. The goal this time around is 36 weeks (versus my 34 weeks) which would make her only 4 weeks early, and let’s hope Mommy can avoid bed rest this time around otherwise we’ll be taking names of anyone who wants to come and play with me!
My new room is done and I've started sleeping in there. The transition hasn't been too bad and I love the new bookcase because now my books are at my level which means I can get to them on my own! Mommy says that there is no doubt where I've been in a days time because you only have to follow the path of toy and book shrapnel left in my wake.
Also the construction on the basement is completed and it was painted last week so all it needs is carpet and my new playroom with be done! Mommy is super excited for this…for some reason she struggles to contain me on the open floor plan of our main level. =)
We’ve taken a couple of family trips in the last month. The first was to Chicago. Mommy, Daddy and I went up there for a long weekend to check out the beach, the zoo and to catch up with some old friends- the Winkofskys and my "Uncle" Nico. It was a great time, but also a learning experience for Mommy and Daddy. Lesson #1: when traveling with an active toddler, spring for the suite- the extra space will be worth every penny. Unfortunately this was a lesson learned the hard way, and considering we were in a big city/tiny hotel room it was extra cozy. Actually, in order to put my pac-n-play up we actually had to almost completely block the hallway to the bathroom (not good when Mommy is pregnant) and the door to the hall. They decided 300 ft2 just isn’t enough space for me. And did you ever realize that the tissue holders are just the perfect height for me to pull each and every one out?! Best believe it, if you didn’t know that, I sure did! Hehehe…
Having all kinds of fun at the park...
(and always the innocent one!)
At the zoo...
(For some reason Daddy didn't think this was as funny as I did...)
(I loved to chase the birdies...some day I'll catch you! Just give me time...)
(Ohhh, the seal lion...)
(Where'd he go? That darn river otter kept getting away from me!)
First time at the beach. It was so much fun!
Wew...what a weekend! I need a nap!
Our second trip was to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee with the Breving clan. It was great fun catching up with everyone and I was a real trouper in the car. The highlight of the trip had to be the petting zoo though. Look at me with all those pigmy goats!
In addition to these great trips, we’ve also had some fun at home.
Here is me and my bear that Grandma made for me. This was the first day I had him and I loved him so much that he had to eat with me.
Here I am after some chocolate chip pancakes. YUM were they good…as you can tell. I even managed to get some on my legs and diapers. I guess maybe Mommy put a few too many chocolate chips in them…
We’ve made some trips to the neighborhood pool, but this day Mommy decided it would just be as easy to play in my turtle pool. I had a great time playing in it and with the hose. It may not be a good sign for my little sister though, when already Mommy is too lazy to put my suit on. I did get lathered in sun screen, but I wonder if Sutton will ever get to look cute in a suit or if she will just get the swimmy diaper?
I’ll try to be better about the updates from now on, and for anyone still reading this…you’re a star! Thanks for following our adventure and hugs and kisses from Indy!
No comments:
Post a Comment