Whew, life here has been nuts! Just in case having a new baby in the house wasn't enough, we've been blessed with a never-ending illness. Mommy first got the flu about 2 weeks after Sutton was born, then I got a nasty cold and only thought it fair to share it with my sister. Then just for good measure, Mommy got sick again. Luckily for Daddy though he's managed to stay healthy, and I've finally gotten better. Sutton however is still pretty sick. Poor baby has been vomiting for 10 days now! She is 7 weeks old and has been to the doctors 5 times already! They tested her for the flu, which was thankfully negative, so the Dr thinks that it is just a nasty cold that is causing her to have problems eating and keeping food down. Fortunately though she has kept enough down to stay hydrated and maintain her weight. Having a sick newborn though hasn't been any fun!
In addition to being sick, Daddy has started traveling a lot for work on the weekends which always makes life a little crazier. The plus though is that we have gotten to see a lot of Mama (Cleveland) and Mimi and Baba (Breving).
And Mommy has mastered carrying me and Sutton at the same time...

Daddy also ran in the Columbus Marathon (he ran the 1/2 marathon and Uncle Mike ran the full) and set a new personal best. It was great because we got to spend the weekend with Uncle Mike and Uncle Stefan. Next on Daddy's to do list is his first full marathon in December. Its in Bloomington and is actually an off road marathon through the woods so it should be lots of fun (and VERY cold!). Although his accomplishment got a little lost in the chaos of me and Sutton being sick, we are all VERY PROUD of his commitment and what he has achieved. We love you Daddy!
Despite being sick, Sutton is growing fast and changing every day. She is sleeping through the night which Mommy and Daddy LOVE and she is becoming much more alert. Also, although they are still small (and Mommy has yet to capture a really good one on film) she has started to smile.
She is also developing a very strong little neck and is mastering holding her head up.
She's also met several out of town family members...
And friends...
And even went to a wedding...
She is also starting to develop a little personality and is making it clear what she does and doesn't like. For example..she DOESN'T like baths!
I LOVE having a sister. Although everyone else calls her Sutton, I think 'utton' sounds much better! At first I loved to help throw away her diapers and 'play' with her bottles and pacifiers, however the novelty has worn off. I do still like to pat her back like Mommy when she cries and wipe her face with a 'scrubby' when she makes a 'mesh' eating. My favorite things to do with her though are to hug her...
kiss her...
sit with her...
and sometimes even try to pick her up (although Mommy and Daddy keep stopping me for some reason)...
And me...well I'm doing good too. I've become quite the chatterbox. I am learning new words by the dozen and am like a sponge- I repeat everything I hear...I even said my first 4-lettered word the other day...oops Mommy! Mommy and Daddy tell me that I am also changing a lot and that I look like such a big girl. Here are some recent pictures of me being the funny little goof ball that I am...
3 comments:
Hopefully Sutton will be all better soon. Your girls are beautiful!!!
Sweet Pea,
What are you going to be for Halloween?!?!
I'm sure mommy will be just like grandma and stay up all night the days before trick-or-treating hand-sowing you a costume.........
Great pictures. It was great seeing all of you last weekend. Also, your "RUN RUN RUN"ing is awesome!
Awesome pictures. You sound like despite the challenges, you have done well! Congrats again. I promise (now that mine are 3 and 4) it gets sooooo much easier. The 1st 12 months are the most difficult.
Post a Comment